ity

Sunday 30 September 2012

Celebrity Marriage Assaults: 10 Top Victims Of Domestic Violence

The gory tale of Titilayo Arowolo, the banker that was allegedly stabbed to death by her husband of two years, after series of domestic brawls is still fresh in our memories.


Click for Full Image Size
Kate Henshaw

“I was once a victim of domestic violence. The relationship lasted for about three to four years. I didn’t know who I was then. I was so timid, I almost stopped smiling and almost stopped laughing, but there was this inner strength in me that helped me to rediscover myself. In fact, I had no self esteem then. I wanted to change and be who I was not, based on the ill treatment and violent nature of my man then.

He was constantly abusing, beating and battering me inside the house and in public places. I think there was a time when I walked round with bandage on my leg, courtesy of my violent lover. Funny enough, this violent lover of mine claimed to love me and wanted to marry me then.

“I also wanted to marry him. I had started buying pots and other household items because I was in love. I wanted to settle down; I wanted to have my children with him. I wanted to be happy and continue to do my work but he was that bad. I kept thinking he would change, but he didn’t. I tried my best to be everything to him, but finally I said enough was enough, this relationship was not of God and not for me. During those turbulent periods, I was ashamed. I couldn’t tell anybody. In one of the beatings, he broke my ankle”.

That was the gory picture painted by the ex Glo ambassador, Kate Henshaw. The screen icon later backed out of the turbulent affair with the star gospel music artiste and tied the knot with a Briton lover years after, a union that recently hit the rocks after producing one child.

Click for Full Image Size
Monalisa Chinda

After many years of being beaten mercilessly by her hubby in a turbulent marriage that lasted for five years, Glo ambassador and screen diva, Monalisa Chinda vacated her marital sanctuary in 2009.

“My failed marriage was far from being normal; it was not a normal union. I will be foolish if I do not admit there were several cases of violence and assault on me. At a point, due to the high level of violence, I started acting as if I was crazy, it was that bad. I carried on like a wounded lion for five years thinking it would get better, but it was escalating and killing me gradually until I said the final no.

There were constant fights and l left when it was beginning to look like I was going to die in it. I left home on July 10, 2009.

”I was naïve about love and got carried away. Each time I sit down to look at the whole thing, I usually end up laughing, because, the attraction for my ex then, was weird, funny and very silly. I now know that I was naïve, hoodwinked and completely carried away. He had all the nice things to say in his mouth”, That was the poignant confession from the Ikwerre, River State-born sexy star.

Click for Full Image Size
Vivian Ejike

Her astonishing beauty and impeccable persona could not save her from the mess and incessant beatings of the same man that vowed to love and cuddle her till death do them apart.

Vivian Ejike, the producer of numerous hit flicks including Private Storm, Silent Scandal, among others is among those who after many years of battery and assault chose to call it quits and ran for her dear lives. In an earlier interview with Entertainment Express, the ace producer confessed thus: “I was married but I left that marriage because of domestic abuse. Actually it was my experience in domestic abuse and violence that prompted the movie, Private Storm.

That is what brought about the movie. But today I am happily married again, so no regret, everything happened for good”, the French graduate of the University of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State maintained.

Click for Full Image Size
Ayo Adesanya

Cross over actress, Ayo Adesanya is not found wanting on the list of celebrities whose marriages took a nose dive after unending assaults from their partners.

The University of Ibadan graduate of Language and Communication Arts and star of Out of Bounds, Iru Oka, Most Wanted, among others was said to have endured her union until it dawned on her that the battering might never end.

Her chaotic marriage to Goriola Hassan, a tattoo-loving movie producer lasted about eight years. Within these eight unhappy years, headline making news involving infidelity and domestic violence prevailed.

“I packed out of the house in the middle of the night. I don’t think anyone in a relationship that is not bringing happiness should stay”, the tattoo loving busty actress averred in her earlier interview.

Click for Full Image Size
Zaaki Azzay Hadiza

The case of the popular banker, Titilayo Arowolo who was allegedly battered to death by her husband and the Club Q owner, Susan, who was also allegedly murdered by her lover were the direction Hadiza Zaaki’s marriage was heading before the union nose-dived.

With a voice dripping with pains, emotions and punctuated by throbbing flashbacks, the battered wife of Na Me Go Marry Am crooner, Zaaki Azzay recently sat down for over an hour with the editorial crew of Sunday Express, as she unearthed bitter memories of a turbulent eight-year-old relationship with her musician husband.

“I have fainted more than two times after being beaten mercilessly by Zaaki. I almost died in his hands. On so many occasions, I had packed out of his house after unbearable assaults and beatings from the man I call my husband. In fact, since our troubled marriage, I have packed out of his house a record eight times. Zaaki has beaten me on the street of Gbagada before. He even bought cutlass which he said he will use to kill me!” She told us.

Click for Full Image Size
Fathia Balogun

About four years ago when the celebrity marriage of ace Yoruba movie star, Fathia Balogun to another revered cross over actor Saheed Balogun hit the rocks, tongues were set waging as many wondered why the respected thespians could not withstand marital challenges.

Then not quite long, the news of gross domestic violence began to make headlines. Tales of spousal abuse, irresponsibility and infidelity were chronicled as the sources of the irresolvable marital furore that shattered the initial blissful union of two celebrities in the Nigerian entertainment industry.

Click for Full Image Size
Chika Ike

Unknown to many, especially her teeming fans, the troubled marriage of pretty actress, Chika Nancy Ike to Ebireri which was solemnized on November 18, 2006 started showing signs of break up barely two years after it was contracted.

Recently, the media was awash over an alleged insider’s squeal on the major cause of the break up which was attributed to incessant mauling of the Mirror of Beauty star. As reported by various online media: “After a series of serious beatings, she finally took to her heels after estranged hubby held her by the neck and almost choked life out of her.

No one knew what they argued about but it always ended up in beatings which the actress always had exc>uses to cover up in public when asked about any scars seen. ‘’

The actress whose career took a giant leap in 2008 hails from Anambra State.

Click for Full Image Size
Kefee

When the Branama Queen tied the knot with Alec Godwin in a high profile wedding ceremony, their marriage seemed to have been made in paradise because they cut the perfect picture of a blessed couple.

Like a bolt from the blue, after about three years, the marriage broke up irretrievably in 2008. Then speculations became rife that the Sapele, Delta State-born music sensation, Irikefe Obareki popularly known as Kefee was entangled in a violent union and was frequently beaten ‘blue and black’ by her record label boss turned husband.

But today, things are again on the upward swing for the gospel cum R & B crooner, as she has for the second time signed the dotted lines with Teddy Esosa Momoh, her new found heartthrob.

Click for Full Image Size
Katherine Edoho

“The last beating was something else. I was busy dodging my eyes because Frank punched me as if he was fighting with his fellow man. For many days I couldn’t make use of my left eye. I wore glasses throughout my stay in Cameroun. I kept crying and shouting ‘my mummy oh!’ the beating was something else”, that was another pathetic outburst from the popular broadcaster and erstwhile wife of Frank Edoho, the host of ”Who wants to be a Millionaire”. Their union was another typical crises-ridden affair, where domestic abuse reigned supreme
Click for Full Image Size
Foluke Daramola

Unable to withstand an alleged domestic brawl, busty and consummate cross-over actress, Foluke Daramola, who hit limelight via the TV drama series Palace, lost her temper and jumped out of her crisis-plagued four years union.

The marriage breakup of the star of widely acclaimed movies like: Omo Britiko, Jeun Soke, Agogo Eewo, Ayo Mi Da, Omoge Campus, Ale Ariwo, Duro Dola, Ife Ti Tan and a host of others, came as a surprise to not only her family members, but fans and movie buffs who saw her as a valuable asset that should be treasured by her hubby.

When tales of spousal abuse associated with most marriages filtered into the air, emotions and sentiments were high as all wondered why a man should raise his hands against such a sexy bundle of talents that most men fantasize about.

No comments:

Post a Comment