ity

Monday 17 September 2012

Cant this be true

bad husband.JPG

I remember few years back when myself and some friends were deliberating on who has a greater jealousy between a man and a woman.From all indications and reports we have been receiving for months,it is clear that a man`s jealousy can be deadly and brutal.

How would you explain this wicked act from Mr. Kehinde Adesamuye, 39,who set his lover on fire because he was angry and jealous over her relationship with other men.35-year-old Janet Udegba narrated how her live-in lover poured fuel on her and set her ablaze in Ikotun area of Lagos State.

She said she was at the Junction where she does her business of selling cooked Indomie before kehinde came that night, poured petrol on her and lit it with fire.

Janet however says Nigerians should not let kehinde go scot free with what he has done to her. Janet narrates how it all started

''My husband has always been jealous. He used to beat me every time, under any guise and excuse.

I've tried several times to leave him, but he always threatens to harm me. I stayed with him because I was afraid of him and my life. He always told me that I could never escape from him, except I leave Lagos State. Anytime I said I was leaving him, he would say, no problem, but that he would do something to me which I would not forget. Now, see what he had done to me. He wanted to kill me.

"I used to sell indomie at Ikotun round about. There are other men and women selling there too. We're all friends. Last two weeks Friday, one of the traders had a baby. We went for the naming ceremony. Kehinde was there with me. One of the traders gave me a drink; I just took a sip because I was in my flow.



"That was how it all started. He said I was kissing another man in his presence. He said that I sipped from the bottle that the man drank from. Right there, he started threatening that he was going to deal with me when we get home.



To be on the safe side, I called my younger sister, telling her that I might come over to spend the night at her place. I didn't want him to beat me. When we got home, he cursed, abused and said all sort of things, but I didn't respond or reply because I didn't want him to pounce on me. This behaviour continued till Saturday. He even kicked off the bed, but I didn't mind. I slept on the floor.



When I woke up on Sunday, he had gone out. I rushed to take my bath because I wanted to leave the house before he came back. But he suddenly came back, and started beating me for no reason. He beat so much that I thought he was going to kill me. It was due to the intervention of our landlord that he left me. After that beating, I moved in with my younger sister."



Government should make sure Kehinde pays for what he did to me. I am an orphan. I have no father or mother. I sell Indomie to live. Now, I've spent all my money. In fact, I need help she said.

For reasons best known to Kehinde, he started sending friends to Janet's shop, to beg on his behalf. He wanted her to forgive him and come back. But she refused. Last week Tuesday, Kehinde came to the shop with another friend to beg once more, but Janet told him that she was through with the relationship. Fuming, Kehinde jumped up from his seat, told her that he had nothing against her leaving, but that he was going to deal with her. He made good the threat by dousing her.

The following day, Kehinde was arrested by policemen as he was strolling along the streets of Ikotun



No comments:

Post a Comment