ity

Tuesday 25 September 2012

He Proposed & Bought Me A Ring, But 6 Months Later He Took It & Sold It

I have been in a relationship with my son’s father for 6 years. I love him very much and am thankful he is not deadbeat father. But, I cannot say he is great boyfriend.



This man asked me to marry him when our son was 6 months old, and of course I said yes. Six months later, I forgot my ring at home because I was running late for work, and I come home to, “I sold your ring, but I’ll get you a new one.” Mind you, he did it to pay the rent. But, I’m bitter as hell he did it without even telling me, and on top of that he hasn’t gotten me a new one, and we still haven’t gotten married.

A year later, we sat down and agreed we shouldn’t get married because I was having second thoughts, due to me finding out he had been sexting some older woman he had met at a bar when he was out with his best friend, AND, because we really weren’t getting along. We worked through that, and we’re in a much better place right now.

He says he wants to get married. But, I’m afraid he’s only telling me that to appease me. I don’t even know if I want to go through with it because he’s done so much shady stuff that I feel like even though we’re doing so much better. If he wanted to marry me, he should’ve gone through so much more to go ahead and get me another ring and set a date.

My question is should I bring it up (even just thinking about it is embarrassing to me, almost like I’m being needy) or just let it ride out? Am I wrong for being mad that he took my ring and hasn’t replaced it? Is it wrong that every time I see a woman with a ring it makes me feel so bitter? Should I even stay with him? How do I know he ain’t playing me anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment